If you have been on the hunt for a soft, warm ginger cookie recipe that is easy, delicious and 100% plant based, this is the cookie for you.
I use both fresh and dried ginger to capture the zingy-warmth of the ginger from all angles and just love adding an extra sprinkle of sugar over the top for that sparkly holiday feel.
WANT MORE HEALTHY HOLIDAY COOKIES? CHECK THESE OUT:
- Low Carb Ginger Cookies (a slight adaption from this recipe)
- Grain Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip + Cranberry Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Soft Ginger Cookies | Vegan Recipe
Yield: Makes 32 Cookies
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:35 minutes
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar (also called sugar in the raw)
- 1 chia or flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed or chia seed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh ground ginger
Optional: extra sugar for the top of the cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silat mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. Gently toss together and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil, turbinado sugar, chia/flax egg, almond milk, fresh ground ginger and molasses. Using a hand mixer, blend until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue to blend until you have a thick hearty dough.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the dough into your hands and roll into a small ball. Place on baking sheet and flatten out a bit, continue until you have 12 cookies on the baking sheet.
*Optional (but beautiful + delicious) top each cookie with an extra sprinkle of turbinado sugar.
Pop into the oven for 10 minutes or until set through and fragrant. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and repeat until all of your cookies are done.
Store cookies in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 10 days. Enjoy!
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: Calories 89 | Total Fat 4.9g | Saturated Fat 4g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 96mg | Carbohydrate 11.5g | Dietary Fiber 0.9g | Sugars 4.6g | Protein 1g