I wanted to shoot a video using leafy greens in one of the simplest ways I know how (which is a quick saute). This recipe is the perfect demonstartion of how easy it can be to get power foods on the table in about twenty minutes!
On another note, I just got an unexpected two days off (yeah!), so hopefully I’ll be able to get you guys some more leafy green recipes this week! Also, just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have been sharing your favorite recipes using leafy greens:)!!
Simple Sole over Dandelion Greens
- 1 bunch of dandelion greens trimmed and chopped
- 1 bunch of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of dill chopped
- Juice of half of lemon
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 6 oz pieces of Sole
- A few dashes of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a large saut pan over medium low heat and add one tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Once the oil has heated through toss in the garlic and saut for a couple minutes or until the garlic Is nice and fragrant.
- Stir in the dandelion greens along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop a lid on and saut for about 5 minutes.
- Once your greens have wilted down, stir in the spinach, lemon juice, half the dill and another little pinch of salt and pepper. Toss everything together before popping the lid back on for another two minutes or so.
- While your greens are finishing up rub the sole with a little olive oil and season with some salt, pepper, and paprika. Pop the sole under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes (youll see it cooks really fast).
- Once youre ready to serve up your greens add in the rest of the dill and top with the broiled sole enjoy!