As the days begin to grow longer and the temperatures warm up I know it’s time to start cooking on the grill!
Throwing dinner on the grill is one of the easiest ways to make a QUICK clean, simple, and delicious meal.
Cooking on the grill is especially easy for me because I very rarely do the grilling. The grill is the one cooking method my husband always seems to take the reigns on (what is it with guys and the grill, anyway?). I do, however, decide what we are grilling and usually do most of the prep work (which is fine by me because in my opinion picking recipes and combining flavors is the fun part).
All that I did was lightly coat each chicken breast with a little bit of oil before patting on some herbs. I couldn’t resist adding a sprinkle of garlic powder (LOVE garlic) and of course a little salt and pepper (these guys don’t get enough credit sometimes). Two minutes later they were in the hands of my husband and on the grill.
I served this with a big Salmon Caesar Salad.
Simple Herbed-Grilled Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped herbs- thyme, rosemary, savory, parsley, etc
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat grill over a medium high heat.
- Season each side of the chicken breasts with herb blend, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill seven minutes on first side then flip and grill for another five minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serves 4.