Scroll down to watch the video!
If there’s anything I’ve learned from my 12 years living in California, it’s that an amazing fish taco need not be fancy. A few fresh ingredients and a little love is all it takes for some mind-blowingly-delicious tacos.
Certainly, you can buy your pico de gallo at the store, but I would much rather you take the extra ten minutes to make make it yourself.
You see, I love you guys, and I truly believe that you deserve to eat THE BEST pico de gallo you can get your hands on. And let’s be honest, who can make it better than YOU?!
As for the fish, I went with Mahi Mahi. I actually bought it frozen and then defrosted it in a bowl of warm water for about 10 minutes.
If you need a little reminder on how to make a conscious, sustainable choice when it comes to your seafood, use the this seafood guide (I never buy fish with out it!).
And finally, if you love Cinco De Mayo as much as I do, stay tuned… because Monday I will be sharing one of my favorite Clean&Delicious cocktails (and yes! it involves tequila).
Simple Fish Tacos
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 12 ounces mahi mahi
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 8 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl combine Greek yogurt, taco seasoning and limejuice. Mix in cabbage until you have a nice light, creamy, cabbage slaw. Set aside.
- Slice uncooked fish into -inch slices (see video for example) and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a medium non-stick saut pan and ad fish to pan. Cook for 2 minutes on the first side and then two more minutes on the flip side or until just cooked through.
- To assemble tacos: Layer a heaping tablespoon of the slaw on the bottom of a tortilla. Top with 3-4 slices of fish and a heaping tablespoon of pico de gallo. Repeat until you have made 8 tacos and enjoy!!
- Makes 8 tacos or 4 servings.