Kabocha squash has become one of my favorite winter squashes. It falls somewhere between butternut squash and pumpkin but it’s a bit drier and more dense (which I really like).
Roasting it with warm spices, like curry powder is a great way to enjoy some comfort food while sticking to your health goals.
Sometimes I serve it as a side dish with chicken or fish and other times I’ll toss some on top of a hearty winter salad.
If you want to learn more about kabocha squash, you can watch my ‘Kabocha 101’ video here.
Roasted Kabocha Squash
- 1 kabocha squash seeded and cut into hearty chunks
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to tatse
- Pre heat the oven to 425.
- Cut kabocha in half, seed, and cut into bite size pieces. Watch this video for a demo.
- Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with spices.
- Gently toss together and place in the oven for 30 minutes flipping half way through.