Roasted buffalo cauliflower bites are the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve up for game day (or any day)! This recipe also makes a great side dish for an easy weeknight meal. Add it to your meal prep to have on hand as a head-start ingredient for a busy week!
We love anything flavored with buffalo sauce, whether it’s deviled eggs, meatballs, or this incredible buffalo cauliflower. It’s a healthier, yet irresistible appetizer that’s roasted instead of fried.
These buffalo cauliflower bites are a new favorite way to enjoy cauliflower! The kids were a little skeptical about trying these, they usually request my pan-cooked buffalo chicken bites, but once they tasted them they couldn’t stop eating them. Perfectly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and with just the right amount of spiciness. Buffalo cauliflower bites are really super delicious, especially dipped in homemade Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing.
Ingredients for buffalo cauliflower bites:
All you need for buffalo cauliflower is the cauliflower, some spices and sauce. Here’s the lineup:
- Cauliflower – you’ll need one head of cauliflower that has been washed and broken up into bite-sized pieces.
- Avocado oil – coats the cauliflower, so the spices stick and the cauliflower crisps up in the oven.
- Spices – we’re using a tasty blend of garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt.
- Hot wing sauce – you’ll need just 2 tablespoons of hot wing sauce. My favorite is Primal Kitchen brand.
How to make buffalo cauliflower bites:
So, how do you make roasted buffalo cauliflower bites? Trust me, they are so easy. (Keep scrolling down for the full printable recipe.)
- Start by preheating your oven and then toss the cauliflower florets in avocado oil.
- Next, combine your spice mix, sprinkle it over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Now, spread the cauliflower florets evenly over a rimmed baking sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Finish by tossing the roasted cauliflower in hot wing sauce. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
These buffalo cauliflower bites are really very easy to cook up, but here are a few tips to make sure your appetizer is perfect every time!
- Cut the cauliflower into similar bite-sized pieces so that they cook evenly and they’re easy to eat.
- For really crispy bites, it is important to dry the cauliflower thoroughly after cutting and washing it. Once washed, spread the cauliflower florets on a dry towel to air dry. The drier, the better!
- Not a fan of hot wings or buffalo sauce? For a more mild version, replace the buffalo sauce with honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or ketchup.
- I prefer Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, but other varieties of sauce will work.
- These cauliflower bites are best served right out of the oven, as they will soften as they sit.
Are buffalo cauliflower bites healthy?
Cauliflower is considered a superfood because of its nutrient-rich content. It is high in fiber, and vitamins B and C. It also contains high concentrations of carotenoids (antioxidants) and glucosinolates, which may help reduce the risk of developing several chronic diseases, in particular, cancer.
This vegetable is super healthy and a great addition to any diet!
Buffalo cauliflower bites have a bit of heat, so they pair well with a cool dip. We love to serve them with ranch dip or blue cheese dressing. You can buy pre-prepared dip at the store, or make your own healthier homemade version.
More healthy appetizer recipes to try:
If you make this buffalo cauliflower bites recipe, be sure to leave a comment and ★ rating below letting me know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and our Clean & Delicious community (thank you!).
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and broken up into small florets
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons hot wing sauce This is my favorite
- Preheat oven to 425º F and toss cauliflower with avocado oil.
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over cauliflower and mix well, making sure all the cauliflower is lightly coated in the spices.
- Spread the seasoned cauliflower out on a rimmed baking sheet a roast for 20 minutes.
- Finish by tossing the roasted cauliflower in the hot wing sauce until all of the cualiflower has a nice light coating of the sauce. Serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping and enjoy!
- You can use any wing sauce you love but my personal favorite is Primal Kitchen. Use code: Clean10 to save 10%
- Make your blue cheese dressing from scratch with this recipe.