Roasted buffalo cauliflower bites are the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve up for the game day (or any day)! This recipe also makes a great side dish for an easy weeknight meal. Add it to your meal prep to have on hand as a head-start ingredient for a busy week!
We love anything flavored with buffalo sauce, whether it’s deviled eggs, meatballs, or this incredible buffalo cauliflower. It’s a healthier, yet irresistible appetizer that’s roasted instead of fried.
These buffalo cauliflower bites are a new favorite way to enjoy cauliflower! The kids were a little skeptical about trying these, they usually request my pan-cooked buffalo chicken bites, but once they tasted them they couldn’t stop eating them. Perfectly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and with just the right amount of spiciness. Buffalo cauliflower bites are really super delicious, especially dipped in homemade Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing.
Ingredients for buffalo cauliflower bites:
All you need for buffalo cauliflower is the cauliflower, some spices, and sauce. Here’s the lineup:
- Cauliflower – you’ll need one head of cauliflower that has been washed and broken up into bite-sized pieces.
- Avocado oil – coats the cauliflower, so the spices stick and the cauliflower crisps up in the oven.
- Spices – we’re using a tasty blend of garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt.
- Hot wing sauce – you’ll need just 2 tablespoons of hot wing sauce. My favorite is the Primal Kitchen brand.
How to make buffalo cauliflower bites:
So, how do you make roasted buffalo cauliflower bites? Trust me, they are so easy. (Keep scrolling down for the full printable recipe.)
- Start by preheating your oven and then toss the cauliflower florets in avocado oil.
- Next, combine your spice mix, sprinkle it over the cauliflower, and toss it to coat.
- Now, spread the cauliflower florets evenly over a rimmed baking sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Finish by tossing the roasted cauliflower in hot wing sauce. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
These buffalo cauliflower bites are really very easy to cook up, but here are a few tips to make sure your appetizer is perfect every time!
- Cut the cauliflower into similar bite-sized pieces so that they cook evenly and they’re easy to eat.
- For really crispy bites, it is important to dry the cauliflower thoroughly after cutting and washing it. Once washed, spread the cauliflower florets on a dry towel to air dry. The drier, the better!
- Not a fan of hot wings or buffalo sauce? For a more mild version, replace the buffalo sauce with honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or ketchup.
- I prefer Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, but other varieties of sauce will work.
- These cauliflower bites are best served right out of the oven, as they will soften as they sit.
Are buffalo cauliflower bites healthy?
Cauliflower is considered a superfood because of its nutrient-rich content. It is high in fiber, and vitamins B and C. It also contains high concentrations of carotenoids (antioxidants) and glucosinolates, which may help reduce the risk of developing several chronic diseases, in particular, cancer.
This vegetable is super healthy and a great addition to any diet!
Buffalo cauliflower bites have a bit of heat, so they pair well with a cool dip. We love to serve them with ranch dip or blue cheese dressing. You can buy the pre-prepared dip at the store, or make your own healthier homemade version.
Not only are buffalo cauliflower bites a great snack or appetizer, but they are a flavorful side dish as well. This cauliflower recipe is great served alongside baked chicken or cast iron salmon.
More healthy appetizer recipes to try:
If you make this buffalo cauliflower bites recipe, be sure to leave a comment and ★ rating below letting me know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and our Clean & Delicious community (thank you!).
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and broken up into small florets
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons hot wing sauce This is my favorite
- Preheat oven to 425º F and toss cauliflower with avocado oil.
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over cauliflower and mix well, making sure all the cauliflower is lightly coated in the spices.
- Spread the seasoned cauliflower out on a rimmed baking sheet a roast for 20 minutes.
- Finish by tossing the roasted cauliflower in the hot wing sauce until all of the cualiflower has a nice light coating of the sauce. Serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping and enjoy!
- You can use any wing sauce you love but my personal favorite is Primal Kitchen. Use code: Clean10 to save 10%
- Make your blue cheese dressing from scratch with this recipe.
Where is the hot wing sauce used? Thanks!
Right after they come out of the oven. I just fixed that;) Thanks!!
Hi Dani…these look wonderful. Can’t wait to try them.
I make my own wing sauce. Here’s my recipe.
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar or substitute
4 Tablespoons paprika
4 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 Tablespoon or more Tabasco make it as hot you like it
1/2 teaspoon salt
Shake it up in a jar. I like this better than bought sauce, and I can make it sugar free.
This is great with roasted brussel sprouts too.
This was delicious!!
So glad to hear it!
Yum! Made these today – great flavors, and great (chicken-like) texture on the bite, but my only gripe is that I wanted them to be crunchier on the outside (not sure why, because actual chicken wings aren’t crunchy…but I was thinking sort of like “chicken tenders crunchy”?) so I was thinking maybe put some batter on them next time. What would you suggest for that? But these were great! Thanks Dani!
I’ve never tried it but here is a recipe that sounds like what you are looking for: https://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html
Also – I bet breading them in cornmeal could be delicious too. All worth a try;)
these were great! I used 2 heads of cauliflower, kept spices the same, subbed coconut oil, and have served to company twice! huge hit!
Can’t wait to try this. Thank you!
Love this stuff
Put it on a pizza tonight with another T of hot wing sauce and it was really good.
This was all kinds of AWESOME! My husband loved it. My 5 year old loved it. Yes. You guessed it. I loved it too. When it comes to hot sauce. I just warm up some Earth Balance and mix in some Great Value Louisiana Hot Sauce. It is thin and vinegary. The way I like it. Thanks for this great recipe.
Going to try tomorrow for the big game. Looks great!!!:). GO HAWKS!!!!!!!
I love this recipe. I can’t have dairy, friend can’t have gluten, another a vegan and we are getting together (finally) after all being fully vaccinated. I did a trial run and served to family using Primal Brand Buffalo sauce (no gluten but contains almonds) and served with an option of Vegenaise or a homemade blue cheese dip, also good to just pop in the mouth. All and all a real winner. Your recipe is healthier than most other I found in a search and I think taste better. Thanks for the share.