Did you know that you can eat raw corn?
It’s true, raw corn is sweet and crisp and makes for a fresh and delish Summer salad. The key to raw corn is that you have to make sure that’s it’s fresh and in season! Fresh, seasonal corn will ensure a sweet and tender salad (yum!).
And who doesn’t love Summer corn and tomatoes together? These are some of Jersey’s finest Summer produce, so to all my East coast peeps out there, be sure to give this salad try!
As for me, I absolutely love the crisp corn paired with the creamy avocado. The avocado adds so much depth and richness that there’s no need to add any extra oil, a fat squish of lime and it’s good to go!
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, feel free to swap in some parsley or basil, both would make a tasty substitution.
I love serving this salad with Grilled Flank Steak or some Honey Lime Chicken. Yet another Clean and Delicious salad perfect for some Summer entertaining!
Raw Corn And Avocado Salad
- 3 cups of corn cut off the cobb (about 3 cups)
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 large or two small avocados cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- The juice of one lime 2 if their not super juicy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything in a large bowl and mix until everything is well combined. Adjust your seasonings and enjoy!
- Makes 5 -1 cup servings.