Sometimes I forget how little it takes to make a great salad. Basically all you need is one in-season veggie along with some salt, pepper, and olive oil to make a knock-your-socks-off salad and this recipe is the perfect example.
I served this right along side my Soy and Agave Skirt Steak which made for a super easy (and rather tasty) weeknight meal.
Just be sure that you are working with really ripe and seasonal tomatoes since they are the star of the show. I promise you… if your tomatoes aren’t good, you’re salad won’t be good, so don’t waste your time if you have less-than-stellar tomatoes.
I really had fun posting the weekly menu last week and am thinking about making this a monthly feature. Not only is it fun to share with you guys but it really helps me stay organized and committed to my plan as well.
Onion, Tomato & Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 medium red tomatoes cut into bite size chinks
- 1/3 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of blue cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss tomatoes and onions together in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomatoes and onions with the dressing and top with crumbled blue cheese. Enjoy!
- Serves 2.