Here’s another quick recipe starring, “Cabbage”. The cabbage with it’s cool, crunchy self was perfecty paired with the tender, spicy watercress. I served this with some Curry Coated Tilapia (which I’ll be posting soon) and I’ve gotta say, it was d’lishes!
The entire meal was super easy, super fast, and super yummy… what more can a girl ask for?! Oh, duh… I know, healthy… it was that too! (see, give us ladies an opportunity to find more and we’ll always come up with something;)).
Thanks to my first trip to a farm, I have a bunch of watercress in the fridge right now that I get to experiment with. I’m pretty excited about that because I haven’t done a whole lot with watercress in the past, so this will be a good opportunity to explore.
If any of you guys know of any good recipes or ideas using watercress, I’d love to hear them!!
Napa Cabbage and Watercress Salad
- 1/2 head of Napa cabbage about 8 cups, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch of watercress
- A small red onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- In a small bowl whisk together coriander, garlic powder, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, watercress, onions and apple.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss. Adjust seasonings and top with walnutsenjoy!