This Chicken Parmesan is a quick and delicious result of what you can create when you have some “head-start” ingredients on hand!
Remember those Basic Baked Chicken Breasts from last week? Well, just look at how yummy they look NOW!
I’m telling you guys, this is exactly why it pays to make a few SUPER BASIC foods early in the week. It allows you to make clean & delicious meals even when the clock seems to be working against you.
And for those of you who feel that you just can’t take the time to do a little pre-preppin’ at the beginning of the week, I’m gonna be a little in your face about this one…
YES, you can. You just have to decide that it’s important to you.
Maybe just try by making a big pot of brown rice or baking up some chicken breasts. Think about buying veggies that are already cut and washed, OR set a little time aside to do the dirty work yourself if you prefer to keep your pockets a little fatter.
This is also a great time of year to think soup. Having a pot of soup waiting in the fridge is a great way to save time and fill up on some nourishing comfort foods as the colder weather rolls in.
BUT back to my Naked Chicken Parmesan.
I love serving this with some Spaghetti Squashor a big side of Garlicky Broccoli. I’m also a big fan of turning it into a sandwich (I LOVE any form of hot chicken sandwich with cheese!).
Feel free to get creative and most importantly, enjoy!
Naked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Basic Baked Chicken Breasts or whatever leftover chicken youve got
- 8 tbsp 4 oz part skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce or tomato paste
- 1 tbsp plus one teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- Pre-heat the broiler to high.
- Place chicken cutlets on a baking sheet and top each one with one tablespoon of tomato paste or tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese over the sauce followed by one tsp of Parmesan cheese. Season each breast with garlic powder and oregano.
- Place under the broiler for three to five minutes OR until the cheese is melted and the chicken has warmed through. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.