What’s better than comfort food that doesn’t leave you feeling like a slump of mashed potatoes unable to do anything other than plop out on the couch contemplating whether-or-not you really needed to go there?
Oh don’t even pretend like you don’t know what I’m talking about!
It’s a pretty, simple straight forward recipe. My personal favorite part of the recipe is the “mini” part. One mini-meatloaf is ONE serving which really excites me because I just love that I get to put the entire meatloaf on my plate and finish the whole thing. It just feels so wrong, (and there is some sick part of me loves that) but as we know there is nothing wrong about it.
Serve this protein packed dish with some green veggies and potatoes and you’ve got yourself a “Clean-Eating-Comfort-Meal” to be proud of.
Mini Turkey Meatloaf
- 1.25 lb of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 heaping cup of Cremini mushrooms minced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup of salsa plus an extra 1/2 cup for the tops
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine onions, mushrooms, parsley, one cup of salsa, oats, egg, garlic powder, thyme, and ground turkey. Give it a hit of salt and pepper and then use your hands to mix everything together until well incorporated.
- Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using your hands (once again) to free-form six mini meatloaves and place on the baking sheet. Top each loaf with about a tablespoon of the remaining salsa.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!
- Serves 6.