I’m finding that the less ingredients a recipe calls for the better. Perhaps I should call the blog, “clean, simple, and practically-no-ingredients-necessary!) because this seems to be my new favorite theme.
Sometimes less is more… using less ingredients really gives each flavor a chance to shine (all while saving you time in the kitchen!).
I served this as a side dish with dinner but you could easily make it a meal of its own by adding a little chicken or fish.
Mango And Chickpea Brown Rice Salad
- 5 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 3/4 cup of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of diced mango
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lime*
- 1 1/2 cups of COOKED brown rice
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine scallions, garlic, chickpeas, mango, lime juice, and some salt.Stir everything together.
- Gently toss in brown rice until everything is combined.Taste for seasonings and serve.Enjoy!
- Serves 4.
- *You may need a little more or less limejuice depending on how juicy your lime is.