When it comes to eating clean, one of my many mantra’s is this:
” Some foods are clean and others are clean enough”.
There are so many stories I want to tell about this Margarita BUT I know you all have a million things to read so I’m skip the stories and go straight to bullet points:
- I worked in a Mexican restaurant or 8 years – all through college – (yes, you read that right, it took me 8 years to finish college)
- I met my husband in that very same Mexican restaurant (so margarita’s have a special place in my heart and Cinco De Mayo feels like my anniversary)
- I am a Margarita snob and usually HATE pre-made mixes
- I absolutely adore Bethenny Frankel so I decided to give her branded pre-made margarita mix a go and was surprised at how much I love it
- I very rarely make home made margaritas any more – now I just twist and pour
- I am not usually a fan of any type of fruity cocktails but the combination of mango and jalapeño is ‘stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks-delicious’
- You absolutely must use frozen mango for this margarita – fresh mango will not give you the same frothy-frozen results
- My friend Marlies (hence the ‘Mar’ in the Mar-Margarita) came up with this recipe and allowed me to share with you guys (she comes up with lots of great ideas and until she start her own blog I will constantly pick her brain for culinary brilliance)
- This is the first alcoholic beverage I’ve ever shared on my blog (and it ain’t because I don’t drink em’)
- I only salt half of my glass because I like to lick the salt but don’t care to drink through it (make sense?)
- My husband prefers this drink with an extra shot of tequila (you may need a little extra mango if you like extra booze)
Okay – I think I shared all my thoughts here! Oooohh… one more thing, jalapeños can vary wildly in their levels of spice, so play around with how much you use depending on how hot your jalapeño is. The goal is to have the heat of the jalapeño come up in the back of your throat as the ice-cold refreshing mango is headed down!
Mango Jalapeño Mar-Margarita
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:5 minutes
- 1 cup of frozen mango chunks
- 6 oz. of Skinny Girl Margarita
- 1-2 slices of jalapeno
Pop mango and margarita mix into the blender along with one slice of jalapeno. Blend until it’s nice and frothy. Give it a taste and see if it’s spicy enough… if you want it ‘hotter’ blend in the second piece of jalapeno.
Pour into your favorite glass with a salted rim and finish it with a slice of lime. Enjoy!
Makes 1 margarita.
Calories: 243; Total Fat: 0g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 26.8g; Dietary Fiber: 2.1g; Sugars: 13g; Protein: 3.8g