- 1.5 cups of hazelnuts toasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup powdered coconut sugar*
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil or melted coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher sea salt
- If youre nuts are not already toasted, place on a rimmed baking sheet and pop into a 300F oven for 20 minutes or until the skins are beginning to crack.
- Transfer toasted nuts onto a clean dish towel, folded over the nuts, and roll them around to loosen the skins. Remove as much as the outer skins as you can, without driving yourself crazy.
- Pop the hazelnuts into a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes or until it looks like nut butter (it will be thick and creamy).
- Add in the powdered coconut sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut oil, vanilla and salt. Blend again, until all of the ingredients have come together and create a rich and creamy chocolate hazelnut spread. If the mixture seems to thick, add an extra teaspoon or so of oil, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to one month. Enjoy!