These chocolate walnut cookies have a rich chocolaty flavor with a brownie like texture and are 100% addictive (don’t say I didn’t warn you).
They get their rich chocolate flavor from a dark chocolate bar that gets melted down and added into the batter and I am able to keep them gluten free by swapping out traditional wheat flour with Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour Blend.*
What I love most about these chocolate walnut cookies is that they have a deep chocolate flavor without being overly sweet. Perfect for my true chocolate lovers out there.
Whenever I make these cookies, they don’t last long, so I’ll often make a double batch so I can have them for lunch boxes or an afternoon sweet during the week.
They will happily last for up to a week when stored in the fridge and will last for months if stored in the freezer.
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon gluten free flour blend*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place chocolate into a glass bow and pop in the microwave for thirty seconds.Give it a stir, then pop back in for another thirty seconds or until chocolate is just melted.All microwaves are different, so be sure not to let the chocolate scorch.
- Using a hand mixer, combine eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla until everything is well incorporated.Once the chocolate has cooled, stir into the egg and sugar mixture until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until you have a thick rich batter. Add in the walnuts and stir until just incorporated.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of the batter into your palms (it will be very sticky**), and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet, flatten out just a bit and then continue until you have 12 cookies on your baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set through, transfer to a wire rake to cool and repeat until you have used all of your batter.
- Cool and enjoy!