Scroll down to watch the video.
Since I don’t have a bunch of Thanksgiving Day recipes for you this year, I figured I would get a head of the game and give you a little inspiration for your Turkey Day leftovers.
This is a salad that I love to make with chicken as well. It’s packed with fruit, veggies, and protein, so it makes a great all-in-one type of lunch. Just pack your salad in some tupperware with a few butter lettuce leaves on the side and you’ve got a Clean & Delicious® post holiday lunch that travels well.
Here are a few other recipes that I may be dabbling with come friday after Thanksgiving this year. The Smoked Turkey Reubens are probably at the top of my list.
- Leftover Turkey Soup With Double Mushrooms from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Leftover Turkey Butternut Souffle from The Gracious Pantry
- Leftover Turkey And Kale Soup from me!
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup from SkinnyTaste
- Smoked Turkey Reubens from Fine Cooking
What do you like to do with your turkey leftovers? Any go-to favorites you find yourself making year after year?
Leftover Turkey Waldorf Salad
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey meat
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 crisp apple, such as Gala or Macintosh, cored and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tbsp. scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted, and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup non-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl combine turkey, celery, apple, scallions and grapes. Add yogurt, mayo, salt, and pepper.
Gently toss everything together. Top with toasted nuts. Enjoy!
Nutrients per 1/6th of recipe: Calories: 199; Total Fat: 9.2g; Carbohydrate: 10.7g; Fiber: 1.5g Sugars: 7.6g; Protein: 18.7g