I love looking to other cuisines to find “Clean & Delicious®” recipe inspiration.
Tzatziki is a Greek-inspired sauce (some say dip) that is made from Greek yogurt and cucumbers and it is very simple to make.
It pairs well with grilled meats and fish but is also great as a snack with some pita chips or smothered on top of a grilled veggie sandwich.
I served this Tzatziki with my Greek Style Turkey Burgers wrapped in Butter lettuce and it was AMAZING. It is definitely a recipe that will be in my cookbook someday 🙂
*I tweaked the recipe a bit from what you will see in the video – so watch the video for the visual but be sure to read the written recipe for exact measurements.
- 2 cups of non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of fresh dill chopped up
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of lemon zest
- Grate cucumber and drain over a fine mesh strainer. Squish out as much water as you can and then wrap the cucumber in a clean dish towel and continue to ring out any excess water.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice and zest and season with salt.
- Let it hang out in the fridge for at least an hour before eating to really let all the flavors come together. Enjoy!