Scroll down to watch the video.
Oh my goodness, have you ever tried to make Roasted Cabbage Steaks?
Ok. let me tell you what happens when you do!
You get tender, buttery slabs of cabbage with little crispy edges that will have you thinking to yourself, “My goodness! I never knew cabbage could taste so good!”.
I used olive oil to coat my cabbage but you can certainly swap in some butter, ghee, or coconut oil as well.
These cabbage steaks are great on their own or as a side dish but I am also thinking they would be great stacked with other ingredients (a little corned beef and swiss cheese, anyone?).
Oh! And, I haven’t tried this yet but I’ve also seen people roast up their cabbage and then remove the core and use the long strands of cabbage as a low-carb, veggie based substitution for noodles. Clever, right?
Watch the video of me showing you how to make Roasted Cabbage Steaks!
Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Yield: Makes 6 Cabbage Steaks
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total Time:40 minutes
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil, ghee, and butter would work as well)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Slice cabbage, vertically though the core, into 3/4-1inch slices (you should end up with about 6 slices).
- Brush each slice with the olive oil mixture and pop in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until cabbage is golden brown with crispy edges.