Scroll down to watch the video!
Roasted beets are all the rave around here. They are crazy easy to make, insanely delicious, and my kids are happy to eat them as well. This combination is all I need to add something to the ‘rave’ category in my house.
Usually, I treat beets like a ‘head-start’ ingredient. I make them on the week end and then chop them up and store them in the fridge so I can add them to salads during the week.
I love them on a quick arugula salad or in a simple quinoa salad. But don’t let this distract from the simplicity of eating them warm right out of the oven with a drizzle of your best extra virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper.
Oh! And if you are interested in learning ALL of the ins and outs of the beautiful, bodacious beet, be sure to check out my Beet 101 here.
- 1 bunch of beets
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Cut the greens off of the beets leaving about 1-inch of the stem behind. Give the beets a good rinse under some cold water.
- Place the beets in the center of a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap around the beets. The goal is to pull up all the sides of the foil and create a seal around the beets. If needed, use two pieces of foil (see video for demonstration).
- Place the beets in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until you can easily slide a knife in and out of the beets.
- Once the beets are cool enough to handle, rub the skins off with a paper towel or run them under some cold water and remove the skins with your hands.
- You now have some delicious roasted beets ready for you to enjoy however you desire. Enjoy!