Watch the step-by-step video HERE.
I was going to show you a picture of plain ol’ baked sweet potato as the main image here, but I just couldn’t resist showing off this beauty! Is that not the most delicious looking sweet potato you’ve ever seen? Those colors!
I will get back to this beauty in a minute.
Baked sweet potatoes are so simple to make and I almost always include them in my weekly meal prep.
My go-to technique is simple.
I pre-heat the oven to 375, rinse the potatoes under some cold water, pat them dry with a towel, poke a few holes in them and then lay them on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with a silpat (or some foil) and bake for 45-60 minutes.
You will now they are done because they will be fork tender and oozing with sugary-starches.
If I plan to use them for the week, I let them cool down and then pop them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge. Easy, peasy.
3 Delicious Ways To Eat A Sweet Potato
1. The Sweet + Sassy Sweet Potato
Top them with a half cup of greek yogurt and a tablespoon each of walnuts and dried cranberries. Finish it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
2. The Cheesy, Eggy Sweet Potato
Warm up your sweet potato, season it with a little salt and pepper and then sprinkle on some of your favorite cheese (shredded) and top with 1-2 scrambled eggs. If you like it spicy add some sirracha!
3. The Sweet Potato A La Mexicana (this is the same one photoed above, but so worth another look!)
Take a 1/2 cup of canned back beans that have been rinsed and drained and toss the in a bowl with half a diced avocado, 1 crushed clove of garlic and some fresh lime juice. Give it all a kiss of salt and pepper and plop it on your sweet potato. You’re welcome;).
How To Bake A Sweet Potato
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Rinse sweet potatoes under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Using a paring knife, poke a few holes in your potato and then lay on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with a split mat or some foil.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until your potatoes are fork tender. Enjoy!