This salad was inspired by Martha over at simple-nourished-living. If you haven’t stopped by to Martha’s blog yet, you really should (it’s one of my favorites). I LOVE her style in the kitchen… easy recipes that are simple and delicious (and nourishing of course!).
You know when you see a recipe and you just know that it’s gonna be good? Well that’s how I felt when I read the recipe for this simple salad. I could just taste it and couldn’t wait to give it a try.
I made a few adjustments to the original recipe based on the ingredients I had on hand and my personal taste preferences (something I encourage everyone to do when they find a recipe that inspires them) and was super happy with the final product. I’ve already made this salad (or some form of it) about five times in the last month. Not only is it quick and easy BUT it’s a great way to use up any extra fresh herbs you may have hanging out in the fridge.
I’ve played around with different herbs but really LOVE the combination of the mint and the dill. This is one cold, crunchy, refreshing salad that pairs perfectly with grilled meat, fish or chicken and maybe some corn on the cobb (yum!).
*On another note – my official due date is tomorrow and so far no signs of a baby! No sore back. No extra pressure. No feeling super tired. hmph! Call me crazy, but I think this little lady may be taking a bit extra time to marinate just to ensure that she comes out extra delicious.
Romaine Salad With Mint And Dill
- 2 hearts of romaine thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced scallions
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the romaine, dill, mint, and scallions.
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and agave nectar. Season dressing with salt and pepper (remember this is going to season the entire salad so dont be stingy!).
- Add dressing to the greens and toss everything together. Enjoy!
- Makes 2 large servings.