Scroll down to watch the step by step video.
Cookies for breakfast? Yes, please! These healthy breakfast cookies are simple to make with coconut oil, an egg, mashed banana, rolled oats and delicious add-ins. With the addition of chocolate, coconut and almonds, this is twist on my 3-ingredient banana breakfast cookies that has the flavor of almond joy.
Like a bowl of oatmeal, but in cookie form, these simple Breakfast Cookies are jam packed with lots of healthy fats and good quality carbohydrates to help give you delicious, long-lasting energy all morning long. We LOVE them in the afternoon with a cup of coffee or tea.
Want to make something similar for the fall season? Try these cozy pumpkin breakfast cookies!
[youtube width=”820″ height=”461″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH21B6H-haM[/youtube]
Healthy Breakfast Cookies | Almond Joy!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 15 drops stevia
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ripe banana mashed (5.5oz)
- 2 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silat mat and set aside.
- Mash banana in a large bowl using the back of your fork. Add in one beaten egg, stevia, coconut oil, rolled oats, baking powder and salt. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in the coconut, almond, and chocolate chips and gently stir until all of the mix-ins are well incorporated.
- Scoop one tablespoon of batter and shape into a cookie. Place on baking sheet and continue until you have worked through all the dough (you will need to work in batches).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Cool and enjoy!