We did it! (I say we because it was 100% team work between me and my husband).
I had the lettuce and the fennel chopped and washed, and made the dressing on Sunday, so when it was time to assemble my salad all I had to do was broil the salmon (super basic and simple… I just went with a little salt and pepper [I demonstrate this at the end of this Salmon “101”]), chop my tomato and steam my asparagus (which I did in the microwave in two minutes).
I loved this salad! The dressing is super light and fresh.
I made extra salmon to use in another recipe tomorrow night (it makes the perfect head start ingredient). Enjoy!
Salmon Caesar Salad
- 1 big or 2 small cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of non fat Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 fat clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 lb of cooked Wild King Salmon check out the end of this video to learn a quick technique for simply broiled salmon.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce chopped up
- 1 bulb of fennel thinly sliced
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/2 bunch of skinny asparagus spears tough ends removed
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- DressingCombine garlic, anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir in yogurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Makes cup. (You wont need all the dressing for this salad)
- Quick CroutonsPop bread into the toaster and toast. Remove hot toast and rub each piece with the garlic clove (the garlic will melt right into the bread).
- Salmon Caesar SaladDrizzle each piece with half a teaspoon of olive oil and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine lettuce, fennel, tomato, and asparagus. Gently toss with cup of Caesar dressing and then divide salad onto two plates.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with Quick Croutons and Salmon enjoy!!
- Serves 2.