If you haven’t tried chocolate mug cake yet, you are in for a treat. Imagine whipping up a rich, moist chocolate cake, in under two minutes, any time the mood strikes.
This mug cake is the answer to all of your chocolate cravings.
And it’s as easy as combining 7 simple ingredients; almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, an egg, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt.
Just mix them all together in your favorite mug and pop into the microwave for a minute or two (depending on your microwave). You will be delighted to have yourself a rich and decadent chocolate mug cake that is ready in under two minutes.
Not only is this chocolate mug cake delicious but it won’t leave you with the same kind of sugar crash you get from traditional cakes. Dare I say, you can even eat this cake for breakfast!
I love topping mine with fresh whipped cream and berries, but of course, you can add any of your personal favorite toppings as well.
Grain + Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time:1 minutes
Cook Time:1-2 minutes
Total Time:1-3 minutes
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pinch of kosher salt
Optional toppings; greek yogurt, whipped cream and/or fresh berries
- Coat your favorite mug with butter or coconut oil. I used an 8 ounce mug.
- In a small bowl or spouted cup, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer into your greased mug and microwave for 1-2 minutes. All microwaves vary, so check after 1 minute and cooke more as needed.
- Top with some plain greek yogurt or whipped cream and fresh berries. Enjoy!
Nutrients per mug (sans toppings): Calories: 296; Total Fat: 19.5g; Saturated Fat: 2.9g; Cholesterol: 175mg; Carbohydrate: 25.3g; Dietary Fiber: 6.6g; Sugars: 13.1g; Protein: 14.1g