Scroll down to watch the video.
I was on the beet bandwagon a couple of weeks ago.
Yet in the midst of all that beet goodness, I realized that I never actually shared a recipe using beets. So I’ve decided to apply one of my many favorite mottos in life – it’s better late than never – and share it now.
This salad comes together in a flash if (and only if) you have your beets and quinoa hanging out in the fridge as head-start ingredients. Otherwise, it will take a bit longer if you have to roast your beets and cook your quinoa on the spot.
Now, I’m not sure what it is about beets and quinoa, but they tend to impress. Whenever I make this salad, people get super excited. And it’s not just because it’s delicious (I make lots of things that are delicious that people don’t get nearly as excited about) it definitely has something to do with the beets and quinoa.
So if you want to bring a side dish to a bbq, picnic, or cookout this summer and have any desire to impress, this is definitely the salad for you.
Quinoa And Golden Beet Salad With Feta
- 3 roasted golden beets peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallion
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 ounce feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- Grab a large bowl and combine chopped beets, garlic, scallions, cooked quinoa, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently mix until everything is well combined.
- Finish the salad by gently stirring in the the feta cheese, pistachios and fresh basil. Give it a taste. Adjust your seasonings and enjoy!