Okay, SO having a new born baby (that refuses to breast feed, therefore forcing her mommy to not only feed baby when hungry, but also be tied to a pump like a milk-maid every three hours around the the clock AND yes that includes the night time!) can be a bit time-consuming. Certainly more time consuming than I could have ever anticipated.
With that being said, I’m head over heels in love and truly enjoying my new Mommy role, I just haven’t figured out how to do anything else in the course of a day that is not associated with this new role (ie. blogging, showering, washing the dishes;)).
The funny thing is that I have been cooking and making my weekly menu plan… I just haven’t been able to photograph and record the recipes (I’ll get there!).
ANYHOW… this is a very simple marinade for grilled chicken breast that I really liked. I used this chicken on top of my Asian Chicken Salad and liked it so much that I ‘ve made it two weeks in a row!
With my limited cooking time, I ‘ve become very friendly with my
dried herbs and spices. They’re a FAST and EASY way to add tons of FLAVOR with
very little additional work (just open up the jar and pour).
As for the chicken, I just throw the marinade together in the morning and then let it sit in the fridge all day. Then when it’s dinner time, simply send your husband and the chicken outside to the grill… HOW EASY IS THAT?;).
Gonna keep this post short and sweet but before I go, do you guys have any favorite “go-to” marinades for chicken? I sure would love some fresh ideas!!
Grilled Ginger-Soy Chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- A pinch of red pepper flake
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Combine ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, rice wine vinegar and oil in a bowl. Whisk well t make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Place marinade and chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and toss around until the chicken is coated in the marinade. Pop in the fridge and allow to marinade for atleast one hour (the longer the better, so if you have more time go for it!).
- Heat grill over high heat and cook chicken for about six minutes on each side or until cooked through. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 servings.