The key to keeping salads fresh and exciting is to experiment with using different types of lettuce, veggies, dressings, and toppings.
This salad uses fennel, radicchio, and parsley as it’s base and is topped with some heart healthy walnuts and sweet golden raisins. It’s far from boring and makes a super light and refreshing meal that’s perfect as the warmer weather rolls in.
I’ve been trying to a bit of extra cooking lately because I know that once the baby is born (4 more weeks to go!!) things will probably slow down for a while. Did I tell you guys that we’re having a boy? I’m pretty excited about – a girl and a boy – what more could a mama ask for!?
Anyhow, I served this salad along with some Walnut Crusted Salmon last week and I’ll be sure to share that recipe soon!
What are some of your favorite ways to dress up a salad? How do you keep your salads fun, fresh, and delicious?!
Fennel, Parsley, & Radicchio Salad
- 2 small bulbs of fennel thinly sliced (About 3 cups)
- 1 medium head of radicchio torn into bite size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups of parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- In a large serving bowl combine fennel, radicchio and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, orange juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil.
- Toss veggies with the dressing and top with raisins and walnuts.
- Makes 4 servings.