Watch the step-by-step video guide HERE.If you have been reading for a while then you know that I have eaten more pizza in my last 2 years of living in New Jersey then the entire 12 years I lived in California! Pizza is just the Jersey way. It’s like cookies and milk. Chips and margaritas. Peanut butter and jelly.Jersey and pizza. They just go together.So I’ve been play with some more creative ways to eat my pizza. I love this egg white pizza and this cauliflower pizza and now I share some eggplant pizza!
Be sure to click the link below to watch the step-by-step video guide and if you are looking for some more delicious ways to use your eggplant this time of the year, here are some recipes from around the web that have caught my eye:
- Baba Ghanoush from The Kitchn
- One Pan Eggplant Chicken from Lexi’s Kitchen
- Eggplant Fries from Clean Eating Chelsey
- Eggplant Rollatini with Spinach from SkinnyTaste
- Eggplant, Onion, + Tomato Stew from TheHealthyFamily&Home
I’d love to hear what type of eggplant recipes you like to make down in the comments below!
Watch the step-by-step video guide HERE.
Eggplant Pizza Rounds
- 1 medium eggplant cut into 12 half-inch slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- Slice eggplant and lay on top of a clean dish towel sprinkle with salt and allow to sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes or until the liquid has been drawn out.
- Pre heat oven to 425F
- Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet and place eggplant on top. Lightly brush olive oil over the top of each eggplant and season with oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake slices for 15 minutes then flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes on the opposite side or until tender.
- Top each eggplant with a dollop of tomato sauce, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, and some shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 10-15 minutesor until the cheese has melted. Enjoy