Easy Roasted Radishes are a simple and delicious way to prepare radishes. Enjoy this radish recipe on its own or make my lemon garlic tahini sauce to drizzle over the top. This is an easy low-carb side dish that comes together in just 30 minutes.
What do radishes taste like?
If you’ve never tried roasted radishes, you’re in for a real treat!
When eaten raw, radishes are a bit spicy and definitely have a kick to them. However, when they are roasted, they become very mild tasting, similar to a turnip or a potato. They also become perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. So good!
Once the radishes come out of the oven, you can serve them in a variety of ways. With this easy recipe, I included my irresistible lemon tahini sauce. Such a tasty pairing! They make an excellent side dish, especially for roasted or grilled meats like chicken or pork. Roasted radishes also work great served over a salad or veggie bowl.
Ingredients needed for this easy roasted radishes recipe
This oven roasted radish recipe is made with simple, basic ingredients you probably have in your kitchen! You will need:
- Radishes – This recipe uses 1 pound of fresh radishes.
- Ghee – Used for cooking the radishes and giving them a buttery flavor and crispness on the outside. You can sub with melted butter, olive or avocado oil, if you don’t happen to have ghee.
- Spices – To flavor the radishes we’re using a simple, yet delicious blend of common spices. You’ll need salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Lemon tahini sauce – Optional, but highly recommended! Made with simple ingredients like tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. This sauce is quick and easy to stir together and turns out super creamy and so flavorful. It also just happens to be vegan, nut free and nutrient-rich. It works as a dressing or dip for not only roasted radishes, but tons of different recipes.
How to make roasted radishes
This is one of the easiest side dish recipes! Here’s a rundown of the steps, but you’ll find the detailed recipe at the bottom of the post.
- Preheat oven and prep radishes. Prepare the radishes by trimming any stem and cutting the radishes in half.
- Season radishes. Toss the radishes with the ghee and spices until fully coated.
- Cook radishes. Transfer radishes to a baking sheet that is lined with parchment. Roast at 425ºF for about 20-25 minutes, tossing at the halfway point.
- Make the lemon tahini sauce. While radishes are cooking, stir together the ingredients for the tahini sauce.
- Serve. Once radishes are fully cooked, you can serve them with the lemon tahini sauce drizzled over the top or in a small bowl on the side. Enjoy!
- Try to make sure the radishes are cut as evenly as possible, so that they cook at the same rate. Most of them will be fine to just cut in half, but if you have any larger radishes, quarter them.
- Radishes need some breathing room on the pan, or they’ll produce so much steam that they never crisp up. If necessary, use two pans, arranged on separate racks near the middle of the oven.
- Feel free to change up the seasoning blend and use any favorite spices.
- This recipe can easily be made vegan by using vegan butter or olive oil in place of the ghee.
What to serve with roasted radishes
These easy roasted radishes are perfect for dinner with a simple grilled chicken or salmon, or try enjoying them for breakfast or brunch with these yummy egg white muffins or spinach frittata. You could even add them to your next buddha bowl!
How long will leftover roasted radishes keep?
Oven roasted radishes are best served right away, so that they’re nice and crispy. However, I do enjoy leftovers served over a salad and they will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For best results, reheat leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop to crisp everything up. You can also reheat in the microwave.
This easy roasted radish recipe is such a tasty way to enjoy radishes! The natural sweetness of these pretty pink gems really shines through and they have a wonderful juicy tenderness that pairs well with almost any entrée. This dish is gorgeous enough to serve for holidays and dinner parties, but it’s easy enough to make any time of the year. I recommend you give this side dish a try very soon!
more simple vegetable side dishes:
- roasted popcorn broccoli
- sautéed broccoli
- simply steamed beets
- roasted cauliflower
- braised red cabbage
- bok choy stir fry
If you make this roasted radishes recipe, be sure to leave a comment and ★ rating below letting me know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and our Clean & Delicious community (thank you!).
Easy Roasted Radishes
- 1 pound radishes, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- In a bowl, combine the radishes, melted ghee, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning and toss until radishes are evenly coated.
- Spread radishes out on a 9×13 rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure not to over crowd the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Serve alongside lemon tahini sauce for dipping or drizzling (optional but delicious!).
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix together, this will be fairly thick.
- Add in water, one tablespoon at a time, until the sauce becomes smooth, creamy and can be drizzled from a spoon (or until you have reached your preferred consistency). Drizzle over radishes and enjoy!
Hi Dani. Trying this recipe for the first time and I have a question: how long does the tahini lemon sauce last in the fridge? Thank you so much.
Up to 5 days…