Scroll down to watch the video.
This super easy Spaghetti Squash Skillet makes a delicious and healthy weeknight meal.
It’s kind of like a deconstructed, spaghetti and meatballs; chock full of Italian flavors and very family friendly!
Feel free to swap out the beef with some ground chicken or turkey and if you can make your spaghetti squash ahead of time, you can really save some time during a busy week. Enjoy!
Ground Beef Skillet
- 1 spaghetti squash cut in half and seeded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, + garlic power to taste
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic,
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 2-15 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1-15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and paper to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped basil or parsley optional
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and seed. Season each half with a teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place skin side up on a rimmed baking sheet and cook in for 35-40 tender until tender. Cool and gently scrap out the squash. This will be the base of your dish.
- Brown beef in a large cast iron skillet over a medium-high heat. Continually stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to make sure the meat is broken into small crumbles.
- Once the meat has browned, push it to one side of the pan and add in the onion and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until veggies begin to soften and then mix them imntothe beef and push to the side.
- Stir in the mushrooms and the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and allow to cook for another couple of minutes until the mushrooms have softened and then mix all the veggies and beef together.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until all the flavors have come together and then top with fresh basil or parsley.
- Serve over the top of a pile of spaghetti squash (or zoodles, rice, pasta, etc.) and enjoy!