If you are looking for a quick and convenient breakfast for busy mornings, these DIY Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sammies may be just perfect.
This is a recipe that you can make ahead and then keep in the freezer (or fridge) for a delicious and nutritious breakfast when time is not on your side.
DIY Freezer Friendly Egg Sammies
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time:20 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 English Muffins (I like using sprouted grain muffins)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese (or any cheese you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray an 9x11 casserole dish with cooking spray or coat with butter or coconut oil.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan, add onion along with pinch of salt. Sauté' until onions are translucent. Add in peppers and garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Add in chopped spinach with a bit more salt and pepper, stir and cook until spinach has wilted down. Shut off heat and let veggies cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and then slowly stir the cooled veggie mixture into the eggs.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Allow the eggs to cool, then slice into six pieces.
- Build the sandwiches by adding one piece of the baked eggs and one slice of cheese to each English muffin. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place into the freezer for up to 3 months.