Scroll down to watch the step by step video.
If you’ve never tried to eat bok choy raw, now’s your chance. This tender green is super crunchy, light and refreshing and makes for a delicious salad.
Paired with almonds and sunflower seeds, this salad is chock full of heart healthy fats so it’s super satisfying on it’s own but can easily be bulked up by adding some shredded chicken as well.
Crunchy Baby Bok Choy Salad
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
- 3 baby bok choy, halved and thinly sliced (5 cups)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Combine bok choy, scallions, almonds, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce and red wine vinegar. Whisk together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss and enjoy!
Nutrients for half the recipe: Calories: 369; Total Fat: 30.9g; Saturated Fat: 3.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 20.6g; Dietary Fiber: 6.1g; Sugars: 12.1g; Protein: 10.6g