Scroll down to watch the video!
When I was growing up, I loved Frozen Fruit Bars!
You know the ones, they come in lots of different fruity flavors; including banana, strawberry, mango and coconut.
Man, did I love the coconut flavor but I almost always chose the strawberry because it had less calories than the coconut. Oh, if I could go back in time and give that girl a hug, I would! I would also encourage her to relax and ENJOY the damn coconut fruit bar if that was the one she really wanted.
And while I can’t go back in time, I can celebrate how far I’ve come from my old dieting ways with the most delicious, rich and creamy, homemade coconut frozen fruit bars (which I also drizzled with dark chocolate for an extra hoorah!).
These bars are so simple to make and if you’re already a coconut fan, you may already have all the ingredients on hand.
I chose to use liquid stevia for this recipe (it’s a natural sweetener that does not affect blood sugar levels) but you could also use a dollop of honey or maple syrup if you don’t have any stevia on hand.
Be sure to watch the video for the step by step demo and meet me down in the comments below if you have any thoughts, ideas, or questions! xo
THE ICE POP MOLDS I USED IN THIS VIDEO:
Tovolo Star-Pop Molds: https://amzn.to/1M8TjVV
Coconut Frozen Fruit Bar
- 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8-10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 ounces dark chocolate optional
- Combine all ingredients into your blender and blend until everything is well combined and the mixture is nice and creamy. Pour into ice-pop molds and freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen through.
- If you want to add chocolate (which I highly recommend!) simply melt your chocolate in the microwave or on a double boiler then after the pops have frozen through, drizzle them with the chocolate and refreeze until the chocolate has set.
- This recipe makes about 18 ounces. My popsicle molds were 3.5 ounces and I was able to make 5 popsicles from this recipe.