Watch the step-by-step video HERE.
If you like pumpkin pie, you will most definitely enjoy this pumpkin mousse. It has all of the same flavor and texture of pie but it’s super easy (and fast) to make and it’s lighter!
This is a recipe that I found in Clean Eating Magazine and knew I wanted to try it right away. Instead of using cream or milk, this mousse uses silken tofu for the rich, creamy texture.
For those who have never tried tofu before, have no fear, the flavor of tofu is extremely mild, so it tends to take on the flavor of whatever it’s paired with. In this case, pumpkin!
Top it with a squirt (or dollop) of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings and you’ll have a Clean & Delicious Thanksgiving dessert, that is sure to please.
Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie Mousse
Yield: 8 1/2-cup servings
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes (+ 2 hours chill time)
- 8 ounces silken tofu, well drained
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8th tsp. each ground cloves, nutmeg, and salt
- Optional: Whipped cream and once ounce dark chocolate cut into thin shards (for topping!).
- Line a colander with some paper towels (or a clean dish towel). Place the tofu on top and then cover with a few more paper towels. Place a tea pot on top of the towel lined tofu and allow to sit for 15 minutes to drain. This is a super easy way to squish out excess water from your tofu.
- Place tofu, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and spices into a food processor. Blend until everything is well incorporated and the pumpkin tofu mixture is rich and creamy.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to chill and set.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the mousse into a serving dish and top with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shards. Enjoy!