Watch the step-by-step video here.
These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are made from coconut flour and use no refined flours or sugars (except for the ones that may be in your chocolate chips, but hey! that’s still pretty awesome in my book).
They have a strong pumpkin flavor and the texture is like the filling from a pumpkin pie (just a little bit firmer). The hardest part of this recipe is allowing the bars to cool completely before cutting into them.
In this recipe I used canned pumpkin, but if you want to make your own homemade pumpkin puree, you can learn how to that here.
Clean Eating Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
Yield: Makes 9 Bars
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:40-45 minutes
Total Time:55-60 minutes
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish with butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and then stir until everything is well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Transfer to the greased baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is firm and the edges are browned.
- Cool completely. Cut and enjoy!