Now that I am focusing more on strength training at the gym, I’m constantly trying to find convenient, yummy ideas for high protein snacks.
After making these simple Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins I’ve been dying to experiment with different flavors. I just love having a muffin that actually supports my fitness goals (so much better than a plate of egg whites;)).
So today I did a quick search online and found these amazing Banana Bread Protein Muffins from DashingDish (yet another amazing blog stuffed with tons of clean eating recipe [and it also provides info for weight watchers] so please check it out).
The only changes I made to the original recipe were to up the cinnamon and replace the Truvia with a couple tablespoons of turbinado sugar (I really don’t want to get into the habit of baking with artificial sweeteners – I’d prefer to just have a little of the real thing).
These muffins are light, satisfying and delicious (and you would never know they were gluten-free to boot). Perfect for a pre-post workout snack or simply with some coffee or tea in the afternoon.
I especially love them topped with a little almond or peanut butter! And am certain a schmear of Greek yogurt would be delicious too.
Are you a fan of protein muffins? I’m really looking forward to experimenting with more flavors!
Clean Eating Banana Protein Muffins
- 1 large ripe banana *optional* extra slices for top of muffins
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12-tin muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly among 12 muffin tins. Place a thin slice of banana on top of each muffin.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until cooked though. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 muffins.