Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
I LOVE the holiday season and am 100% committed to keeping them as fun and ‘stress-free’ as possible. I’ve found that the secret to accomplishing this duo is to plan ahead.
I start to but my presents early, decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving, have my holiday cards ready to ship out the door by December 1st, and even plan my holiday baking.
That’s right! I’m not messing up the kitchen every time I have a party to go to or a guest coming over. Instead, I choose one day to do my baking and then I use my FoodSaver System to keep those cookies fresh for the entire holiday season.
My Simple 3-Step Strategy for Stress Free Holiday Baking
- Designate one day to do all of the baking. I write in on the calendar, gather my kids and get out my Christmas music playlist. This is the day the holiday baking magic happens.
- Decide what recipes I want to make. I really recommend sticking to 1 or 2 recipes for the season. This helps to minimize ingredients needed and it keeps things simple. Simplicity is key for sanity. Don’t get sucked into the temptation to over-do!
- Do the math. I think about parties, gathering, and gifts so I know how many cookies I’ll need for the season. Once I figure out how many cookies I need then I double, triple or quadruple my recipes so I have enough cookies to get through the holidays.
- Store the cookies with my FoodSaver. By vacuum sealing my cookies I’m able to keep my cookies 5x fresher (total game changer).
These Chocolate Peppermint Cookies with White Chocolate Chips are my go-to cookie this year. They are free of all refined flours, 100% grain free, and absolutely delicious.
In this video (see below) I’ll show you how to make these yummy cookies, an easy way to gift them for the holidays and how I use my FoodSaver System to store my cookies both fresh and frozen so they last the entire season.
I’d love to hear the tricks and tips you use to keep your holidays fun and stress free down in the comments below!
Grain Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1 cup raw unsalted almond butter
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 5 peppermint candies crushed
- Pre Heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Gently stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and drop onto a rimmed baking sheet that is lined with a silat mat or parchment paper. Gently flatten the cookie out a bit and then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies.
- They do spread once they bake, so I like to make 12 cookies per pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minute or until cooked through. Cool and enjoy.