Tabouli is a very popular middle eastern salad that is made up of fresh herbs, bulgur wheat, tomatoes and scallions.
It’s usually served as a side dish, but in this video I’ll show you how to bump it up to a Clean & Delicious® main meal that you can feel good about eating.
So watch, cook, and enjoy!
Chicken Tabouli Salad
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint
- 1/2 cup of sliced scallions
- 1- diced tomato
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1- cup of cooked shredded chicken
- The juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring one cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan and stir in bulgur wheat.Once it comes back to a boil reduce the heat to a simmer, pop on a lid and cook for about ten to fifteen minutes or until all the water as absorbed.
- In the meantime, combine garlic, parsley, mint, scallions, and tomato, in a large bowl.Stir in the bulgur wheat while it is still warm and then add olive oil and season with salt and pepper.Gently toss in the chicken and garbanzo beans.Adjust your seasonings and enjoy!!
- Makes 4 – 1 cup servings.