This easy Chicken Stir Fry is a super easy dinner idea for busy weeknights and is also delicious enough to share with friends and family.
The key to making things simple whenever you cook a stir fry, is to prep all of your ingredients before hand so that once you start cooking you’ve got everything ready to go (stir fry’s cook up super fast once you get the stove!).
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or coconut milk or water
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into thin strips against the grain
- 2-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion cut into half moons
- 3-4 scallions thinly sliced
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, stir until all the lumps are gone.
- Add soy sauce, chicken broth, ginger, coconut sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes, into the slurry mixture and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the pink is gone and the chicken in opaque. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions, garlic and green onions; cook for a couple minutes, stirring frequently. Add broccoli along with a splash of water, pop on a lid (if you have one) and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli has turned vibrant green.
- Remove cover from the pan and add in chicken and sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or zoodles and enjoy!
Divesh Kanojia says
Your recipes are always good. These all recipes are very easy to prepare.
Thanks a lot for the yummy recipes.
Anytime!! Enjoy 🙂
This recipe is super yummy. Loved it.
Yay! So glad you liked it Ellen. Thanks for letting me know.
I made this tonight but I usedTurkey Cutlets. It was delicious! Next time I think I’ll add some mushrooms or maybe multi colored peppers. Thanks for the great recipe!
Marie Kauten says
I made this recipe last night it was delicious. I didn’t have scallions so I left them off. Love your recipes. I used chicken tenderloins, they were very easy to slice.
Hi Marie! Thanks so much for letting me know! I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
What do you do with the water and cornstarch slurry??
Hi Patricia! You make the slurry and then add the rest of the sauce ingredients into the slurry mixture and whisk it all together! Hope that helps!
What do you do with the water and cornstarch mixture? Add it to the sauce?
Hi Cassidy, you make the slurry and then add the rest of the sauce ingredients into the slurry mixture and whisk it all together! Hope that helps!
Family LOVED this! Hubby said make sure to make this again and often!
Yay! So happy to hear that.
Hi Dani, I have been following you for awhile now, using your food prep advice, loving your nice cream, eggies, cookies & muffins. I just made your chicken stir fry, it was delicious and so quick to prepare. Please keep sharing.
Thanks so much Gayle! Love hearing that.
I am going to make this tonight! Sounds so good! I am going to add mushrooms to it! I will let you know how it goes! Thank you for sharing all of your recipes and ideas! You are my go to!
Yum! I made this over the weekend and added mushrooms! So good! Thank you for all these recipes!
Amanda Rush says
So tasty. The whole family enjoyed this meal and we will definitely make again.