This easy Chicken Stir Fry is a super easy dinner idea for busy weeknights and is also delicious enough to share with friends and family.
The key to making things simple whenever you cook a stir fry, is to prep all of your ingredients before hand so that once you start cooking you’ve got everything ready to go (stir fry’s cook up super fast once you get the stove!).
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or coconut milk or water)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into thin strips against the grain
- 2-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into half moons
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, stir until all the lumps are gone.
- In a separate small bowl or spouted cup, combine soy sauce, chicken broth, ginger, coconut sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Whisk and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the pink is gone and the chicken in opaque. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions, garlic and green onions; cook for a couple minutes, stirring frequently. Add broccoli along with a splash of water, pop on a lid (if you have one) and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli has turned vibrant green.
- Remove cover from the pan and add in chicken and sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or zoodles and enjoy!
Nutrients per 1/4th of recipe: Calories: 246; Total Fat: 8.3g; Saturated Fat: 3.8g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Sodium 1016mg, Carbohydrate: 16.7g; Dietary Fiber: 3.8g; Sugars: 6g; Protein: 26.8g