This cauliflower tabouli salad is riced cauliflower florets combined with veggies and garbanzo beans and tossed with a light lemon vinaigrette. A low-carb side dish that’s packed full of fresh flavors!
When I’m looking for a delicious, satisfying salad, I whip up a bowl of chickpea salad, black bean salad, or this cauliflower salad loaded with nutritious ingredients and wonderful flavors and textures.
Summer is the perfect time to make a colorful salad that can be served chilled or room temperature. This one is not only super easy and tasty but looks impressive. Whether you’re making a quick meal for the family or need a dish for a get-together, this delicious cauliflower salad will do the trick.
Cauliflower Salad Ingredients:
- Cauliflower. I rice my cauliflower in a food processor, but if you don’t have a food processor, consider buying pre-riced cauliflower. Most grocery stores have it available in the produce section.
- Tomato. A fresh garden tomato or a tomato from your local farmer’s market will taste best. You can also use cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Scallions or green onions. These are milder than regular onion and won’t overpower the other flavors in this salad.
- Cucumber. Diced cucumber makes an amazing addition to this salad. Cucumber is light, refreshing and has the perfect crunch.
- Parsley. Chopped parsley finishes this salad with that special something.
- Mint. Fresh mint is a must, and gives this salad such a fresh flavor!
- Garbanzo beans or chickpeas. A great addition to this salad! These beans add plant-based protein and make this dish super satisfying.
- Green olives. If you’re not a fan of olives, you can leave these out or use a different ingredient instead. I just love the tangy, salty flavor they add.
- Vinaigrette. This dressing is a simple mix of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper, and can be tossed together in minutes.
How Do You Make Cauliflower Salad?
This recipe is super easy!
- You’ll first process cauliflower florets into a gravel-like consistency.
- Next, chop up all of the vegetables and toss everything into a bowl.
- The dressing is a blend of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper; and takes just minutes to make.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and gently toss everything together, then taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Tips For The Perfect Cauliflower Salad:
- This salad can be made several hours before you plan to serve it. Store it, covered, in the fridge and let the flavors meld.
- Feel free to add other vegetables you might enjoy and have on-hand; such as artichoke hearts, zucchini or bell peppers or corn.
- Add other favorite herbs, if preferred. Basil or dill would be great choices.
- This salad works well as a light meal or make it even more filling by serving it with grilled chicken, shrimp or baked salmon.
I’ll be making this cauliflower salad all summer long, I can’t wait to try it with fresh veggies straight from my garden.
I especially love bringing this salad along to serve at gatherings, like summer barbecues or pool parties. When there are lots of yummy desserts and other heavy dishes, it’s nice to have a healthier alternative too.
More Easy Salad Recipes
Thanks so much for reading! If you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the cauliflower in half and use a knife to remove all the florets. Cut some of the larger florets into smaller pieces so they'll fit in your food processor.
- Place cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse back and forth until you have a fine, gravel-like consisitency. You may have to work in batches.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and add in tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, parsely, mint, garbanzo beans and olives.
- In a small spouted cup combine; garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Gently whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss together. Adjust seaonings and enjoy.