This (very easy to make) Cauliflower Fried Rice has become a fast favorite for me. I LOVE that it comes together so quickly and that at the end of the day, we are essentially eating a HUGE bowl of veggies. It’s meals like this that make it super easy to get your veggies in (even my kids like this one).
You can bulk this dish up by adding some sauteed chicken as well. Just season and cook the chicken first and then add it back in at the end.
How Do You Make Cauliflower Rice?
You’ve got a few options!
- Use fresh cauliflower and pulse it in your food processor until you have a course rice texture. While this is very easy to do, it is a bit time consuming, unless you are using the big food processor (I use the 4 cup). Just make sure you don’t grind it too small.
- Use pre-riced cauliflower in the produce section of most grocery stores. Again, I prefer when the cauliflower rice is not super fine for this recipe, so keep that in mine when buying. This is my favorite way to get the job done.
- Use frozen cauliflower rice. This is my least favorite method BUT it definitely works in a pinch and I always keep frozen cauliflower rice in the freezer for those days when you just need something easy and good enough.
Definitely add this one to your weeknight line-up. It’s great on it’s own, or as a side dish to salmon, chicken or tofu. Enjoy!
MORE C&D CAULIFLOWER RECIPES
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust (That Won’t Fall Apart)
- Cauliflower Bagels
- Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (with breading)
- Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Bites (without breading)
Fried 'Cauliflower Rice'
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1.5 cups frozen mixed vegetables i like peas, green beans, corn + carrot combo
- 16 ounces 2 big cups cauliflower rice
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a small nonstick pan, cook your egg whites and set them aside.
- Heat sesame oil on a large non stick skillet and add in the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the onions are beginning to look translucent.
- Add in frozen veggies, cauliflower rice, and soy sauce. Pop in a lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies are warm and tender.
- Adjust seasonings. Serve and enjoy with optional toppings.