Pre-Baby = Dani makes fast, easy, nutritious meals.
Post-Baby = Dani makes faster, easier, nutritious meals.
And simply put, “Unless we’re talking peanut butter and jelly, it doesn’t get much faster or easier than quesadillas.”
I was ADDICTED to these for like a month. I ate them nearly every day and with lots of different combinations! The broccoli and chicken just so happen to be one of my favorite combinations but you can stuff these babies with all sorts of things. Some alternative stuffing suggestions would be:
- Black beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Peppers and Onions
These are just a few ideas, but by all means just grab whatever you’ve got hanging around in the pantry or fridge, and stuff away!! It’s really just that easy 🙂
I especially like this meal because it’s healthy and nutritious, but makes you feel like you are eating something really indulgent and naughty (and we all like to feel a little naughty sometimes).
But enough of my babbling already… watch the video.
Broccoli And Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 ounces of pre-cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli chopped up
- 1/3 cup of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 whole grain tortilla I like Ezekiel
- 2 tbsp plain no fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce
- Combine Greek yogurt with hot sauce and set aside.
- Heat chicken and broccoli in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once heated through, remove from the pan and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss chicken and broccoli with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then set aside.
- Place tortilla in the hot pan and allow to heat through on one side. Flip the tortilla and sprinkle half of the cheese over one half of the tortilla. Top cheese with broccoli and chicken and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Using a spatula, fold the tortilla over on to itself (into a half moon) and top with something heavy (i.e. a weighted pan or my personal favorite, a teakettle). Allow to cook for a minute or two, or until the bottom is lightly browed. Flip the tortilla and cook for another minute or two on the opposite side.
- Remove the Quesadilla from the pan and allow to cool for a minute or so before cutting into wedges. Top with spicy yogurt and enjoy!!