This sweet and tart beet salad dressing is easy to make and absolutely beautiful. It’s a bright, creamy vinaigrette made with raw beets that is the perfect way top your favorite salad. I especially love this dressing paired with an arugula and goat cheese salad, so good!
First things first, we can’t even begin to talk about the taste until we discuss the color!
- Beets – you’ll need 1 cup of chopped raw beets (about 1 large beet).
- Onion + garlic – gives the dressing delicious, fresh flavor.
- Honey – 2 tablespoons of natural sweetener adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Apple cider vinegar – every good dressing has a little acidity to it. In this one we’re using apple cider vinegar.
- Greek yogurt – for a lovely creaminess.
easy ingredient swaps
This beet dressing recipe is so easy to customize. Feel free to swap in ingredients that you have on hand. Here are some options:
- Instead of honey, feel free to use maple syrup as the natural sweetener.
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, simply sub in lemon juice.
- Looking for an alternative to the Greek yogurt? You can use mayonnaise, sour cream or regular yogurt. To make this recipe dairy free, use coconut or almond milk yogurt or mayonnaise.
how to make beet dressing
You’re just about 5 minutes away from an incredible salad dressing!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- If the dressing is too thick for your liking, add a little warm water to the dressing to thin it to your preferred consistency.
- Taste the dressing and add a little salt and pepper if you’d like.
- Serve and enjoy!
ways to use raw beet dressing
Beet dressing is lovely drizzled over field greens or spicy arugula. I’ve been especially loving it on greens with some feta cheese, grilled balsamic chicken, and sliced almonds… UM! (that’s how Katie says yum and it is starting to rub off on me!). However, beet dressing goes beyond salads. Try it on tons of different recipes from veggie-packed bowls, or even use it as a veggie dip! Here’s some of our favorite ways to enjoy beet dressing:
- Use it as a marinade for baked or grilled chicken.
- It makes a delicious sauce spooned over cast iron salmon or baked chicken.
- Drizzle it over roasted vegetables for the perfect side dish.
- Dip a whole wheat pita stuffed with arugula and goat cheese into it or add it to your favorite sandwiches, wraps or burgers.
So many delicious options!
Store this creamy beet dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If the dressing appears too thick for your liking when you take it out of the fridge, simply stir in a bit of water.
more dressings & sauces to try
If you make this beet dressing recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and our Clean & Delicious community (thank you!).
Beet Salad Dressing
- 1 cup chopped raw beets, about 1 large beet
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Makes about 1 cup.