After sharing a Bok Choy 101 with you earlier in the week, I wanted to make sure you had some easy and delicious recipes to get started with, so I created a video sharing three super simple bok choy recipes and this Bok Choy Stirfry is one of them (I also share a Simple Bok Choy Soup + a Crunchy Bok Choy Salad).
This simple Bok Choy Stir Fry comes together in just 15 minutes and would make a great side dish for chicken, fish, or tofu.
IS BOK CHOY HEALTHY?
Allow me to start by saying all veggies are healthy, meaning they are super nutritious and have lots to offer our bodies, but specifically, bok choy is rich in Vitamins C, A, and K and is packed with calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Bok Choy truly is a powerhouse ingredient (and it’s oh so delicious).
WATCH MY bok choy 101 to leanr more about bok choy !
LOOKING FOR MORE BOK CHOY RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:
Bok Choy + Ginger Stirfry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound bok choy
- toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the bok choy user cold water and chop it up, separating the stems from the leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick sauce pan and toss in the garlic and ginger. Cook for just a about a minute or until fragrant. Add bok choy stems, soy sauce and a splash of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the stems are becoming tender, toss in the bok choy leaves and cook until they have wilted down.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!