As I’ve mentioned in the past, eating healthy does not need to be complicated.
And contrary to popular belief, it does not take any longer to prepare a nutritious meal than it does any other type of meal.
The bottom line is this:
Preparing meals – whether nutritious or not – takes time.
Lord knows I am the first one on line when it comes to learning a new short cut in the kitchen, but that doesn’t change the simple fact that whether you are making a 30-minute meal, an all day Sunday feast or a 2-minute Banana Split Breakfast Bite, you first have to make the decision to take the time to do so.
This morning, when I got home from the gym, Katie was taking an unusually early nap on her Daddy’s chest so I decided to take the time to make some Banana Split Breakfast Bites.
Walk with me…
Almond butter slathered between two fat banana slices, bathed in thick, creamy, Greek yogurt, and then rolled in sweet, crunchy granola. OMG – I have to tell you guys, when you pop one of these into your mouth it’s like a party, a hug, and some new shoes all at the same time!
And while I had a bit of extra time to put a little extra TLC into breakfast this morning you could accomplish the same outcome with even less time yet.
The only difference is that instead of Banana Bites you would be making a Banana Bowl:
And while the bowl takes less time, you still have to take the time to make it.
Just know that if you opt for the bowl you need to be sure to get a little bit of everything on your spoon for each bite (which takes time), this way you can still experience the glory of the Banana Bite in just a little less time.
Banana Split Breakfast Bites
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter or any nut butter you prefer
- 1/3- cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3- cup granola My fave is the Whole Foods store brand
- Place yogurt and granola into small shallow bowls and set aside.
- Slice the banana into nice thin slices. Then put a small dollop of almond butter on one banana slice and place another on top to make a banana butter sandwich.
- Then dip the banana butter sandwich into the yogurt and then roll it around in the granola. Repeat these simple steps with the rest of your banana slices.
- Sit down with a cup of coffee and pop them into your mouth slowly one at a time. Holy yum!
- Serves one.