If you have been wanting an easy, healthy, grab-n-go breakfast that the whole family will love, look no further! These simple Banana Oatmeal Muffin Cups are just that (and then some!).
I love topping them with chocolate chips, but you can really use any topping or stir in you love. Literally ANYthing you would stir into your oatmeal will work in the muffin cups. Just think of them as a bowl of oats on the go.
Banana Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed banana 2-3 bananas depending on their size
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk or any milk you prefer
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or coat with coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together mashed bananas, eggs, and milk until well combined.
- Pour milk mixture over oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Evenly divide the oat mixture between all 12 muffin cup and then top each one with a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and cooked though. Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.