If you guys like Eggplant Parmesan this video is a “must watch”!
I take a Classic Eggplant Parmesan recipe and share all my tips on how to lighten it up without loosing any of the flavor!
If you have ANY tips or ideas on how to lighten up Eggplant Parmesan with out sacrificing any of the flavor PLEASE leave your comments below! I love hearing what you guys have to say!!
In the meantime… hope you guys are enjoying the tail end of Summer!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- 2 eggplants about 1 lb each, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 3 cups of tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp of grated Romano
- 1.5 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of parsley chopped up
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella diced
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Start by making the sauce if you don't have any already made. While the sauce simmers, slice the eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lightly salt the slices and put in a colander to release excess moisture for about 1/2 hour. Lay on paper towels to soak up any extra moisture.
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly spray the eggplant with olive oil spray on both sides and place on rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through until eggplant is tender and golden brown.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta, egg, parsley and a little salt and pepper.
- In a 9x12 baking dish, put a little sauce on the bottom of the dish and put a layer of eggplant to cover the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture. A tablespoon of grated Romano and a bit more sauce sauce. Add another layer of eggplant and repeat the ricotta cheese, Romano cheese and sauce until everything is used up. Top with sauce, a tablespoons of Romano and the chopped mozzarella cheese.
- Pop in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through and bubbling, about 30 minutes at 400 Take it out of the oven and let it sit about 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
- Serves 6.