If you are looking for a fun, veggie packed snack for game day, look no further!
These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are coated in a batter of white whole wheat flour, water, and spices and then baked until crispy and tossed in hot sauce to create a simple and flavorful snack that would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday (or a Tuesday night dinner!).
In typical, buffalo wing fashion, I like to serve them with some carrots, celery, and blue cheese dressing on the side.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total Time:40 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Franks)
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, water, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika and stir until smooth. Add in cauliflower and stir gently until florets are evenly coated with batter.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with some cooking spray. Be sure the pan is not over crowded (use two pans if needed). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- In a separate bowl combine hot sauce and melted butter. Pour evenly over the cauliflower and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Pop bake in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to crisp up. Serve with carrots, celery and blue cheese dressing.
Nutrients per 1/8th of the recipe: Calories: 82g; Total Fat: 1.7g Saturated Fat: 0.7g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Carbohydrate: 15.5g; Dietary Fiber: 3.5g; Sugars: 2.3g; Protein: 4g