Baked boneless, skinless chicken thighs are inexpensive, delicious, and easy to cook. A simple spice rub is all you need to add tons of flavor before baking them in the oven. The results? Juicy, tender chicken that your whole family will love.
I love chicken thighs. Crispy cast-iron chicken thighs are one of my go-to staples but when I want something even faster and easier, I turn to baked boneless skinless chicken thighs.
They’re nearly impossible to mess up, a lot more forgiving than chicken breasts and they cook up so quickly!
Perfect for a busy weeknight and also great for meal prep!
How Long To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs?
The best part about baked boneless, skinless chicken thighs is that they cook quickly and are super forgiving! Even if you overcook them a bit, they will still be moist and juicy.
I like to cook them at 425ºF for twenty minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
You can also make boneless, skinless chicken thighs on the stovetop in a pan. You can learn how by watching the video below or visiting my YouTube channel.
Tips for The Best Baked Chicken Thighs
- Pull the chicken out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you begin cooking. This will take the chill off of the chicken and help it to cook more evenly.
- Trim off any excess piece of fat. This just makes for a more enjoyable eating experience once the chicken is cooked up.
- Pat the chicken dry before seasoning with the oil and spice rub. This will stop the chicken from steaming and help it to create a nice crispy edge (even without the skin!)
- Use a rimmed baking sheet (lined with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup!). This will prevent any of the chicken juices from running off the pan and getting all over the oven.
More C&D Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Stirfry
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Breast
- Chicken with Potatoes and Onions
- Whole Roasted Chicken
Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh 8
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge at least twenty minutes before baking.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully trim and excess fat off of the chicken thighs and pat them dry with a papertowel.
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl, drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Use your hands to mix the spices into the chciken and then transfer the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temerature of 165ºF.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes so the juices can redistribute and enjoy.