I’m really trying to get some fish on my menu at least once a week. It’s so easy to make and is perfect for a weeknight meal because it cook so quickly (plus both of my kids love it).
Personally, I love a lightly breaded and pan seared piece of fish for dinner so I thought, why not try it with some almond flour in an attempt to create a quick, easy, gluten free dinner idea (a request I receive pretty often).
It worked out perfectly and was absolutely delicious.
If you are not worried about gluten you can easily swap in some white whole wheat flour for the almond flour and call it a day.
Pan Seared Almond Dijon Tilapia
- 4 Tilapia filets 1 to 1.5 lbs.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or butter/olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place almond flour in a shallow dish and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper before spreading 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard on each filet of tilapia.
- Dip mustard coated filet into the almond flour, coating on both sides and shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and cook the tilapia for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish has just cooked through and flakes easily.
- Serve with some fresh lemon and enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.